Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Pregnancy Update

I went to the doctor for my regular checkup on Tuesday May 25th. My weight was the same, urine check was good, Baby Junkin heartbeat was nice and strong...But....My blood pressure was high. I had felt bad and Sunday and Monday and was having terrible headaches so I figured it was up and I was right. Dr. Whittle started me on some meds and told me to take it easy and to return to see him in one week. I started the medication that night and for the next few days I felt terrible, had no energy and just wanted to sleep.



I went back to the doctor on Tuesday June 1st. Blood pressure was much better, I lost 4lbs (which was maybe fluid, unsure really), urine check great, and heartbeat was wonderful.. Baby Junkin was moving around a lot and didn't want to be still so we could hear the heart beat..So ready to be able to feel that movement. Dr. Whittle was very pleased with everything. I have felt much better. He told me to continue taking it easy and to keep check on BP. He wanted to see me again in a week, but he will be out of town for a few days and is booked the first few days he is back so I will go on June 14th for my check up and for the ULTRASOUND! I can't wait, so ready to give this baby a name and start buying stuff!



Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 17 weeks

Weeks Size of baby: 5 in long and 5 oz.. Baby Junkin is about the size of a turnip

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Lost 4lbs

Maternity Clothes: I can still wear most of my regular clothes, but maternity pants/jeans are much more comfortable. I did buy a few maternity tops b/c they are longer and cover up the maternity pants. I wear mostly scrubs during the day and most of them are big anyways so, so far so good in scrubs.

Gender: Don't know, will find out June 14...Jason says boy for some reason, I really thought girl at first, but have been thinking boy lately, so we will see.

Movement: No :( not yet, but so ready too.. Dr. W said it wouldn't be much longer.

Sleep: No problem sleeping, just CRAZY dreams.

Symptoms: CRAZY dreams, frequent potty breaks, and some heartburn

Best Moment this week: getting to hear the heartbeat at the doctor on Tuesday.

What I am looking forward to: My next appt. on June 14th so we can name this baby and check myself to make sure I am doing okay.. As much as I want everything to be okay with the baby and have a healthy pregnancy I want myself to be okay also.
Just keep me/us in your prayers.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I am so EXCITED!!! Can't wait until June 14th!!!!

Brandy said...

that clan NEEDS a girl most definitely. cant wait:)