Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Weekend in Memphis

Since Jason and I weren't able to go to Memphis last week, we made plans to go this weekend. I had a dentist appt. in Aberdeen with Jana and Dr. Richardson. I hadn't been to the dentist in several years and was way past due. I have one cavity and have got to have a crown, which I figured. So anyone who wants to donate to the fund can stop by Bancorp South and deposit money in my account. Haha, JK! Thanks Jana for the great cleaning.

After the dentist me, Jason, Jana, and Michael headed for Memphis. We stayed at the Marriott downtown, which was a great hotel. We got checked in and headed to Beale Street and had supper at Blues City Cafe, which was great, then left there and went to Hard Rock to have dessert. It was raining and we were walking so it made for a quick trip. When I was younger, I thought Beale Street was great, but man was I mistaken. I guess if you lived the party life then its for you, but yuck it was nasty. The place is just a street of emptiness. People are trying to fill a void in their life with drinking and who knows what else, when that is not the answer. Anyways, we then went back to hotel for sleep.

(Jana and I on the trolley headed to Beale Street)

(Jason and I on the trolley)

(Jason and I in front of Hard Rock Cafe)

(Jana and Michael)


Saturday morning we got up and had breakfast and headed to hospital to see Blythe. She was doing very well. She has been through so much and is still a trooper. She is suppose to be moved to Tupelo hospital on Tuesday for rehab. She is looking forward to coming home, but knows she has got to get well first. Thanks to Jana, Michael, and Jason for hanging out at the hospital for several hours while I was able to visit with Blythe. Please keep those prayers coming for her.
We then met up with Chris and Amy for a little shopping then had supper and headed home.
Thanks for a great weekend Jana and Michael, can't wait to plan another weekend getaway.

I want to wish Sarah Catherine a Happy Birthday this Tuesday. We are planning to go out and eat sushi to celebrate.
The kids are off for Spring Break so I am sure we will try to make plans to do something with the youth this week.
Hope everyone has a great week and God Bless.

No comments: